- Girls’ (ages 3-1st grade) hair pulled away from face
- Girls' (2nd grade and up) required to wear hair in bun
- Ballet Shoes pink (girls), black (boys)
- Tap Shoes black
- Jazz Shoes caramel (girls), black (boys)
- Modern Shoes nude
- Hip Hop Shoes (called a jazz sneaker)-black
- Leotard Preschool I or II pink
- Leotard Primary and up black
- Tights pink (girls)
- Jazz pants black (boys)
- T shirt white (boys)
**Tutus and leg warmers are not allowed (ballet skirts may be allowed by teacher for grades 6 and up)
**Shirts and shorts are not allowed over leotard and tights
**Shoe color for the recital is not determined by the dress code
Please do not purchase your dance shoes at retailers such as Walmart or Payless Shoes.
Follow this link to find studio-approved dance-wear at Discount Dance Supply.
*click the dropdown menu under "Dress Code" to find items for your age group.
*you can help support VSS Dance AND get 10% Off your first order and 5% off all future orders:
Enter Teacher Referral
During Online Checkout.